cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Marcus Sorensen <shadow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Single Server | Advanced Mode | KVM | Cent OS 6.4
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2013 23:07:09 GMT
You may be able to leverage the devcloud-kvm configuration as a
reference. You can either use marvin to deploy an edited version of
tools/devcloud-kvm/devcloud-kvm-advanced.cfg (just swapping out your
ip address ranges), or take a look at the example advanced KVM network
configs that I sent out awhile back:
http://marcus.mlsorensen.com/cloudstack-extras/cs-4.1-kvm-networking-two-nic.rtf
and http://marcus.mlsorensen.com/cloudstack-extras/cs-4.1-kvm-networking-one-nic.rtf
. I only mention these options because I've used them quite a bit, and
the public access has consistently worked fine.

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 4:32 PM, Maurice Lawler <maurice.lawler@me.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm working with KVM | CloudStack 4.1.1 | CentOS 6.4, I am running into a issue where
it goes through all the motions of setting up just fine. However, I notice when it attempts
to download the CentOS template it fails,  with error message: No Route To Host. I am utilizing
two subnets one /27 and another /29; this works without issue in basic mode.

> My thought is this, I am obviously missing an important step in Advanced Mode setup,
is there a need (or a step) that states to create virtual network interfaces on the host server?
If there, I am not seeing that step; as when I sign into the System VM's (which provision
and come online without issue) I can ping the gateway of the /27 without issue; however, it
does not permit my downloading (No Route to Host) along with that, I cannot resolve DNS of
any kind of the Console Proxy VM /  Secondary Storage VM.