cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Kirk Kosinski <kirkkosin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Virtual Router VM not starting up
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2013 23:44:41 GMT
CloudStack won't automatically create a new virtual router to replace a
destroyed one.  To force CS to recreate one you need to start a new or
existing VM in the network.  This is what Marty meant by "start a user
VM" in his steps.

The next time you want CS to destroy and recreate a virtual router, you
can use the network restart option with force enabled instead of
manually destroying the virtual router.  I believe this can be done via
the UI, otherwise use the API:

http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/api/apidocs-4.1/root_admin/restartNetwork.html

Lastly, to log on to a system VM you normally can SSH to its link-local
IP shown in the UI.  For system VMs running on XS/KVM hosts, do this
from the host it is running on:

ssh -p 3922 -i /root/.ssh/id_rsa.cloud root@<ip>

For vSphere, from the CS management server:

ssh -p 3922 -i /var/lib/cloud/management/.ssh/id_rsa root@<ip>

If you see a system VM stuck in single-user mode it is best to destroy
and recreate it.  If you really want to log on to the console you can
use the default root password of "6m1ll10n".

Best regards,
Kirk

On 08/14/2013 03:59 PM, Mir Islam wrote:
> Thanks I am running 4.1 and whenever I went to Virtual router page it showed as "starting"
so I could not destroy it like I did with the other system VMs. But it finally got into "stopped"
state and I was able to destroy it. However, I do not see it getting recreated. And in the
infrastructure I see 0 Virtual Routers.

> Is the router vm going to recreated by the management server or some other steps needed?
It has been about 10 mins but do not see it getting recreated.