cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Kirk Kosinski <kirkkosin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NetScaler VPX 10 VM wont boot using CS 4.1
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2013 20:32:01 GMT
Hi, Dave.  CloudStack will always create a virtual CD/DVD drive for VMs.
 This is a known limitation.  I've filed an enhancement request for this
here:

As a workaround, if possible try XenServer 6.0.2 since the NetScaler
appliance seems to work on it even with a CD drive.

Best regards,
Kirk

On 08/08/2013 01:12 PM, Fitzjarrell, Dave wrote:
> CS is automatically assigning a DVD drive.  When I manually load the template on a non-CS
controlled host it works perfectly.
> I verified it does not have a DVD assigned.  Once I create a DVD and reboot the VM it
fails the exact same way.

> I'm going to use this article to hopefully preserve the aspects of the template and not
create the DVD.

CS, can you directly try manually selecting boot option?