cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Shanker Balan <shanker.ba...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Problem creating VM using CentOS 6.4 template
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2013 17:31:57 GMT
Comments inline.

On 23-Aug-2013, at 10:51 PM, Indra Pramana <indra@sg.or.id>
 wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am using CloudStack 4.1.0 with KVM hypervisors. I tried to create CentOS
> 6.4 template by installing a CentOS 6.4 VM from ISO, and then save the root
> disk as a KVM template.
>
> However, when I tried to create a VM using the template, while the server
> was created, the network is not working because the new VM activates
> different ethernet port (eth1 instead of eth0) while on the original VM,
> only eth0 was configured.
>
> If I tried to configure the network settings (DHCP) on both eth0 and eth1
> and then recreate the template, the new VM based on the template will
> activate eth2 instead.
>
> Anyone having similar problem and have found a solution to this problem? I
> only have this issue with CentOS 6.4, I don't have any issues using CentOS
> 5.9 or Ubuntu 13.04 / 12.04.2.
>
> Looking forward to your reply, thank you.

Hi Indra,

Have you cleaned up ifcfg-eth MAC address definitions and /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules
files before creating the templates? I have seen this issue if there are stale MAC addresses
defined to ifcfg-eth0.

Regards.

--
@shankerbalan

M: +91 98860 60539 | O: +91 (80) 67935867
ShapeBlue Services India LLP, 22nd floor, Unit 2201A, World Trade Centre, Bangalore - 560
055

is a registered trademark.