cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "WXR" <1485739...@qq.com>
Subject Re: How to backup cloudstack data?
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2013 02:09:10 GMT
I can copy all templates,isos files,and the nearest 1 day snapshots.
If I have these files and the db backupfile,how can I rebuild the vms?

I must create a temp template from the root volume snapshot and create a new vm with the temp
template,and then create a data volume from the data volume snapshot and attach it on the
vm.Then delete the temp template.
It will take a long time to rebuild a vm,Is there any easy way do rebuild all the vms?

From:  "Kirk Jantzer"<kirk.jantzer@gmail.com>;
Date:  Tue, Jul 23, 2013 10:20 PM

Subject:  Re: How to backup cloudstack data?

We won't be able to tell you that. You will have to determine what is most
important to your organization to backup. For simplicity, definitely backup
the DB. If you wanted to backup anything, I'd probably suggest the
secondary storage, as it contains the templates, isos, and snapshots; of
which you'll likely be able to recover from (rebuild instances) more
easily.

--
Regards,

Kirk Jantzer