cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "WXR" <1485739...@qq.com>
Subject How many vms per primary storage can offer best performance?
Date Thu, 04 Jul 2013 12:26:19 GMT
I use NFS share as primary storage,the NFS share is on a 8 SATA HDDs RAID10 volume.
The network link is gigabit ethernet.The switch is dell powerconnect.

When I just create 15-20 vm instances and start them(not run any software on them),I find
the disk IO performance of the vm is very low.
If a file copy job on a pc needs 10 minutes , the same job on the vm needs 20minutes.

I don't know if it is normal,and I want to know the correct configuration of the primary storage,I
need your suggests with enough experience.