cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Paul Angus <paul.an...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: Not able to add kvm host to cluster
Date Sun, 21 Jul 2013 20:11:11 GMT
Shivaprasad,

It might be worth you having a look at my blog article from a while back.
http://www.shapeblue.com/cloudstack/understanding-cloudstacks-physical-networking-architecture/

You haven't mentioned (that I can see) whether you're using a basic or advanced networking.

Regards,

Paul Angus
S: +44 20 3603 0540 | M: +447711418784 | T: CloudyAngus
paul.angus@shapeblue.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Shivaprasad Katta [mailto:shivaprasadkatta@outlook.com]
Sent: 18 July 2013 13:48
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: RE: Not able to add kvm host to cluster

Hi, When I logged into the ssvm, I could see that it is not able to reach download.cloud.com
and not even the gateway which I defined. Looks to be a mess with my networks :-(.
Could anyone please help me with setting up network with 2 physical nics..? I have 3 hosts
(one is manager and other two hosts are kvm hosts).
 Thanks, Shivaprasad Katta

> From: jayapalreddy.uradi@citrix.com
> To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Not able to add kvm host to cluster
> Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 05:16:33 +0000
>
> Hi,
>
> Please see the templates are downloaded or not in UI templates tab.
> If templates are not downloaded then in ssvm please run the following command for troubleshooting.
> /usr/local/cloud/systemvm/ssvm-check.sh
>
> Please refer the below for more trouble shooting.
> https://cwiki.apache.org/CLOUDSTACK/ssvm-templates-secondary-storage-troubleshooting.html
>
> Thanks,
> Jayapal
>
> On 17-Jul-2013, at 11:18 PM, Shivaprasad Katta <shivaprasadkatta@outlook.com<mailto:shivaprasadkatta@outlook.com>>
wrote:

> Hi, Thanks a lot for the response. The issue was due to the cloud-agent failed to start.
The logs pointed with an error message "nics  not configured". After configuring the network,
I was able to add the kvm host to cluster and two system vms are running.Now the other problem
was, not able to create instance. I added couple of templates and iso. however those are not
visible in the create instance wizard.Any pointers for this issue ? Will post the logs shortly.
> Thanks, Shivaprasad Katta
>
> From: jayapalreddy.uradi@citrix.com<mailto:jayapalreddy.uradi@citrix.com>
> To: users@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:users@cloudstack.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: Not able to add kvm host to cluster
> Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 10:01:43 +0000
>
> Hi,
>
> Please check kvm installed correctly in your host.
> lsmod | grep kvm
>
> Also observe logs, /var/log/cloudstack/management/management-server.log and agent log
/var/log/cloudstack/agent/agent.log for errors.

> Thanks,
> Jayapal
>
> On 17-Jul-2013, at 2:53 PM, Shivaprasad Katta <shivaprasadkatta@outlook.com<mailto:shivaprasadkatta@outlook.com>>
> wrote:
>
> Hello Cloudstackers,
> I am new to Cloudstack and trying to understand.I just deployed cloudstack 4.0.2 on CentOS
6.3 x86_64. The manager installation was smooth and was trying to create the zone (not through
the wizard). The overall process failed while adding the kvm host (CentOS 6.3 x86_64). Below
is the exception in catalina.out on manger. Any pointers to move forward ?
> WARN  [cloud.api.ApiDispatcher] (catalina-exec-8:) class com.cloud.api.ServerApiException
: Unable to add the hostINFO  [cloud.resource.ResourceManagerImpl] (catalina-exec-7:) Trying
to add a new host at http://192.168.10.101 in data center 1WARN  [cloud.resource.ResourceManagerImpl]
(catalina-exec-7:) Unable to find the server resources at http://192.168.10.101WARN  [api.commands.AddHostCmd]
(catalina-exec-7:) Exception:com.cloud.exception.DiscoveryException: Unable to add the host
       at com.cloud.resource.ResourceManagerImpl.discoverHostsFull(ResourceManagerImpl.java:737)
       at com.cloud.resource.ResourceManagerImpl.discoverHosts(ResourceManagerImpl.java:544)
       at com.cloud.api.commands.AddHostCmd.execute(AddHostCmd.java:140)        at com.cloud.api.ApiDispatcher.dispatch(ApiDispatcher.java:138)
       at com.cloud.api.ApiServer.queueCommand(ApiServer.java:544)        at com.cloud.api.ApiServer.handleRequest(ApiServer.java:423)
       at com.cloud.api.ApiServlet.processRequest(ApiServlet.java:312)        at com.cloud.api.ApiServlet.doGet(ApiServlet.java:64)
       at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
       at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
     at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
   at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:555)        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:298)        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProcessor.process(Http11NioProcessor.java:889)
       at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11NioProtocol.java:721)
       at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(NioEndpoint.java:2274)
       at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1146)
       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)WARN  [cloud.api.ApiDispatcher] (catalina-exec-7:)
class com.cloud.api.ServerApiException : Unable to add the host

> Thanks, Shivaprasad Katta

is a registered trademark.