cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Indra Pramana <in...@sg.or.id>
Subject Unable to migrate VM to another host
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2013 06:35:58 GMT
Dear all,

Good day to you.

I am using CloudStack 4.1.0 and I just realised that I am not able to
migrate a VM to another host. CloudStack GUI gives a "Failed to migrate vm"
error message, and management-server.log file shows this:

http://pastebin.com/Ah9XDRha

Based on the error message, the issue seems to be related to libvirt:

http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Failed_to_connect_to_the_hypervisor

===
2013-07-22 14:06:16,744 ERROR [cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl]
(Job-Executor-35:job-553) Unable to migrate due to End of file while
reading data: Input/output error
===

Seems the error is related to the KVM host not able to connect to the other
host. But I tested manually and I can connect to the other hypervisor:

root@hv-kvm-01:~# virsh --connect qemu+ssh://root@10.237.x.xx/system list
 Id    Name                           State

I have copied the SSH keys between hosts so that one host can SSH into
another host without password. I also have added the root user into the
libvirtd group.

usermod -G libvirtd -a root

However the problem still persists. Not too sure whether I am following the
right lead. Anyone might have encounter this problem and know how to
resolve the problem?

Looking forward to your reply, thank you.

Cheers.