cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Dean Kamali <dean.kam...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How many vms per primary storage can offer best performance?
Date Fri, 05 Jul 2013 19:42:59 GMT
Well can you tell us more about your setup, before blaming NFS for being
slow :)

In most cases the hardware is what to blame, Are you using 6Gbps / SATA3
drives?

Your 1GB link most likely the bottle neck here, you will need to either
bond 4 NICs together or maybe invest in 10G switch.

I'm using NFS with SSDs and SATA3 drives / with expensive DELL Raid
controller, and 10G Network,  I'm able to run 30 - 40 vms with no
performance issues.