cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From David Ortiz <dpor...@outlook.com>
Subject RE: Resize OS template
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2013 14:12:21 GMT
Indra,
     In the limited templating I've done, I've found my Linux templates to work well at about
10 gigs (though from what I've seen you could get away with 5).  Windows templates I have
not had much luck with as the server 2008 templates I've done seem to get confused when I
spin up a new VM off of them and the hdd volume it sees has changed.  Most of my instances
are Linux though, so I have not put a lot of time into trying to figure out how to make the
Windows templates work better since they were used to bring up domain controllers, and haven't
really been used since.
Thanks,     Dave