cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Shanker Balan <shanker.ba...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Password management doesn't work with Ubuntu?
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2013 15:16:18 GMT
On 19-Jul-2013, at 10:37 AM, Indra Pramana <indra@sg.or.id<mailto:indra@sg.or.id>>
wrote:

Dear all,

I tried to add password management to my templates as per this guide:

http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.1.0/html/Admin_Guide/add-password-management-to-templates.html

It works for my CentOS template but it doesn't work for my Ubuntu
templates. I created the templates for Ubuntu 12.04.2 and Ubuntu 13.04,
download the cloud-set-guest-password script from this URL (thanks to Ian
Duffy):

https://raw.github.com/shankerbalan/cloudstack-scripts/master/cloud-set-guest-password-ubuntu

Copy the file to /etc/init.d, rename it and make it executable:

mv /etc/init.d/cloud-set-guest-password-ubuntu
/etc/init.d/cloud-set-guest-password
chmod +x /etc/init.d/cloud-set-guest-password

Add into runlevel:

update-rc.d cloud-set-guest-password defaults

But it doesn't work. Using chkconfig (as per the guide's suggestion) also
doesn't work.

Anyone can advise?

Have you looked at the logs? There might me something useful in there.

--
@shankerbalan
Managing Consultant

[cid:E7CE8425-E245-4C99-B967-713DF2967392@local]

M: +91 98860 60539
shanker.balan@shapeblue.com<mailto:shanker.balan@shapeblue.com> | www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com>
| Twitter:@shapeblue
ShapeBlue India, 22nd floor, Unit 2201A, World Trade Centre, Bangalore - 560 055

is a registered trademark.