cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Higginbottom <geoff.higginbot...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: 4.02 to 4.1 ZenServer 6.02 to 6.1
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2013 09:17:26 GMT
I have upgraded a system from 4.0.2 to 4.1 without any issues.

Whilst I have not upgraded XenServer from 6.02 to 6.1 in a live deployment, I can confirm
that 4.1 does support XenServer 6.1 and I have built both Advanced and Basic with Security
Groups using XenServer 6.1

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Sebastien Goasguen [mailto:runseb@gmail.com]
Sent: 01 July 2013 10:09
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: 4.02 to 4.1 ZenServer 6.02 to 6.1

On 6/29/13 4:03 AM, CSG - Ashley Lester wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I about to upgrade our pre production cloudstack from CS 4.02 to 4.1 and Citrix XenServer
6.02 to 6.1.

> I would like to hear from anyone who has done this upgrade path and can anyone share
some info.

> The upgrade instructions are pretty good for the CloudStack side of things in the  4.1
release notes but the upgrade for the ZenServer doesn't seem to exist specificly to these
versions in the install guide.

> The install guide for 4.1 still says that only 6.02 is supported but the release notes
say 6.1 ? I assume from what ive read XenServer 6.1 is now supported ?

I believe so yes, could you file a documentation bug so that we correct this ?
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK

> My plan is to upgrade CS to 4.1 then upgrade the ZenServers to 6.1 the
> only info I can find is the link below on the XenServer side of things
> http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.1.0/html/I
> nstallation_Guide/citrix-xenserver-installation.html#xenserver-version
> -upgrading
>
> Is this still valid for 6.02 to 6.1 ?

The best people to answer this one would be the xenserver folks, try their IRC channels.

thanks,

-sebastien

> Ashley

is a registered trademark.