cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Olivier Mauras <oliv...@core-hosting.net>
Subject Re: Cloudstack and glusterfs native implementation
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2013 14:21:57 GMT

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. Sad that it couldn't be added to
4.2.
Seeing that 4.1 got out in June and 4.2 is planned to end of this
month, is it safe to imagine having this feature by
September?

Thanks,
Olivier

On 2013-07-22 16:01, David Nalley wrote:

> Hi Olivier,
>
> The folks from Appcore were also recently talking
about this, and
> after seeing the performance difference in libgfapi
and FUSE I am
> certainly interested in getting this integrated.
> 4.2
is already in feature freeze, and we are chronologically close to

releasing it, so it won't be in the next feature version, but could

certainly appear in the one that follows.

> On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at
9:54 AM, Olivier Mauras
> <olivier@core-hosting.net> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
Now that glusterfs 3.4 is officially out and that qemu and libvirt
support it, would that be possible to use glusterfs native
implementation as main storage?? Native implementation performances are
really better than using fuse or NFS mountpoint. It would be nice to be
able to this feature. I haven't found anything so i guess the support
just doesn't exists yet, is that planned for next release? Is there some
workaround to enable it on current version? Thanks, Olivier