cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Kirk Kosinski <kirkkosin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Generating OS Templates
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2013 00:40:17 GMT
Hi, the problem you saw probably happened because Ubuntu cannot be
installed in PV mode from ISO on XenServer.  A PV mode Ubuntu
installation must be network-based, which is not possible with
CloudStack.  Your workaround is the recommended solution: perform a
network-based installation of Ubuntu on a standalone XenServer host and
import the resulting VHD into CloudStack as a template.

Best regards,
Kirk