cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Kirk Kosinski <kirkkosin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HA for VMWare
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2013 22:00:29 GMT
Hi, Mike.  CloudStack does it's own HA for KVM and XCP/XenServer.  AFAIK
there is no native HA for KVM.  For XCP/XS, you should not enable the
native HA.  It is not tested or supported with CloudStack.  Unless you
unmanage an XCP/XS cluster in CloudStack, moving VMs around directly
using the hypervisor management tools (native HA, XenCenter, xe
commands) is not supported and can cause problems.

Additionally, not all guest networks will be necessarily be available on
all hosts at all times, and the native HA might not be able to handle
this since it is non-default behavior.  CloudStack manages guest
networks on a per-host basis, rather than per-pool (the default), to
conserve host resources.  Overall I would recommend using the CloudStack
HA for KVM and XCP/XenServer clusters.

Best regards,
Kirk