cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Olivier Desport <olivier.desp...@ac-versailles.fr>
Subject Re: Unable to laucn system VM
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2013 14:25:39 GMT
I checked all the menus in the UI and I found that the zone was
disabled. I enabled the zone and now I can see the 2 system VMs s-1-VM
and s-2-VM but the status is Starting for several minutes.

Le 10/07/2013 15:15, Geoff Higginbottom a écrit :
> Oliver,
>
> 1. Is the KVM host showing as Online in the UI
> 2. Is the System VM Template 'Status' showing as 'Download Complete' and is it the KVM
version
> 3. Did you allocate the Storage Network when setting up the Zone
> 4. If yes to Q3, is it on a dedicated VLAN
> 5. Are the SSVM and CPVM going through a start/stop/start cycle with the name incrementing
such as s-1-vm, s-3-vm, s-4-vm etc
> 6. Did you specify a real DNS Server IP for the Internal DNS Server, and does it respond
to PINGs via the Management Network

> Regards
>
> Geoff Higginbottom

> geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com

KVM virtual machines in a basic network model. The primary and secondary storages are ok in
the UI.
> The NFS shares are on the same host as the management server.
>

> This error appears in /var/log/cloudstack/management/management-server.log :
>
> 2013-07-10 14:39:17,561 DEBUG [cloud.server.StatsCollector]
> (StatsCollector-2:null) There is no secondary storage VM for secondary storage host nfs://10.0.0.2/export/secondary
>

> Le 10/07/2013 10:46, Geoff Higginbottom a écrit :
>> Oliver,
>>
>> A good place to start is here
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/SSVM%2C+templat
>> es%2C+Secondary+storage+troubleshooting
>>
>> Unfortunately there could be any number of reasons your System VMs are
>> not appearing, can you share more info about your infrastructure, eg
>> CloudStack Version, Hypervisor type, Networking model and number of
>> NICs, Physical Network Traffic Labels, Storage etc
>>
>> Also if you can upload the logs to somewhere like http://pastebin.com
>> it will help the community to help you
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Geoff Higginbottom
>>
>> D: +44 20 3603 0542 | S: +44 20 3603 0540 | M: +447968161581
>>
>> geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com

a new instance by using the template provided by cloudstack (Admin guide - 5.2.1).

>> Have I forgotten something ?
>>
>> --

in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is operated under license from Shape
Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

is a registered trademark.