cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 4.02 to 4.1 ZenServer 6.02 to 6.1
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2013 09:08:56 GMT
On 6/29/13 4:03 AM, CSG - Ashley Lester wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I about to upgrade our pre production cloudstack from CS 4.02 to 4.1 and Citrix XenServer
6.02 to 6.1.

> I would like to hear from anyone who has done this upgrade path and can anyone share
some info.

> The upgrade instructions are pretty good for the CloudStack side of things in the  4.1
release notes but the upgrade for the ZenServer doesn't seem to exist specificly to these
versions in the install guide.

> The install guide for 4.1 still says that only 6.02 is supported but the release notes
say 6.1 ? I assume from what ive read XenServer 6.1 is now supported ?

I believe so yes, could you file a documentation bug so that we correct
this ?
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK

> My plan is to upgrade CS to 4.1 then upgrade the ZenServers to 6.1 the only info I can
find is the link below on the XenServer side of things
> http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.1.0/html/Installation_Guide/citrix-xenserver-installation.html#xenserver-version-upgrading
>
> Is this still valid for 6.02 to 6.1 ?

The best people to answer this one would be the xenserver folks, try
their IRC channels.

thanks,

-sebastien