cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Adrian Lewis <adr...@alsiconsulting.co.uk>
Subject Re: Ceph RBD With Xen Server
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2013 14:49:48 GMT
Hi,

First post and only just subscribed so not sure if this will connect up
with the existing thread but I’m very interested in XenServer and Ceph/RBD.
I understand that Wido has informally committed to building the
Xenserver/RBD glue when it is supported on XenServer (think this was in a
video I saw on youtube). With this in mind, I’m wondering if this is
something that could still be added to 4.2 based on the info in
http://xenserver.org/blog/entry/tech-preview-of-xenserver-libvirt-ceph.html.
I realise that it’s not ready yet on the XenServer side but is this
something that might make it to 4.2 in advance of the XenServer development
as opposed to waiting for 4.3? Can the Cloudstack side of things be
developed in advance of the Xenserver elements?

Cheers,

Adrian