cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Prasanna Santhanam <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Unable to migrate VM to another host
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2013 16:27:05 GMT
On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 08:18:31AM -0600, Marcus Sorensen wrote:
> There is no cloud user on the host/agent side. Agent runs as root. Or is
> this an experiment to try to run the agent as another user?

That was entirely my mistake. I just went about thinking the agents
ran as cloud (ssvm, cpvm, kvm agent). Looking at my deployment it
seems that /etc/sudoers has an entry for cloud but the service runs as
root. My apologies for misleading on that.

> On Jul 23, 2013 4:44 AM, "Prasanna Santhanam" <tsp@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 06:19:06PM +0800, Indra Pramana wrote:
> > > Dear Prasanna and all,
> > >
> > > I have tried to remove the host from CloudStack, uninstall and reinstall
> > > cloudstack-agent and added the host back into CloudStack. The "cloud"
> > > user-id is still not yet created. I then tried to add the "cloud" user
> > > manually, using exactly the same credentials as the "cloud" user on the
> > > other host.

> > > using the "cloud" user (instead of root), and getting this error:
> > >
> > > cloud@hv-kvm-01:~$ virsh --connect qemu+ssh://cloud@10.237.3.22/systemlist
> > > cloud@10.237.3.22's password:
> > > error: failed to connect to the hypervisor
> > > error: no valid connection
> > > error: End of file while reading data: : Input/output error

However - the issue still remains that migration between two KVM hosts
seems to be failing. The log indicates the error shown above which was
tried by hand here.

Deployment contains KVM hosts with Ceph+RBD as primary storage.

--
Prasanna.,