cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Prasanna Santhanam <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CloudStack performance issue
Date Sat, 20 Jul 2013 10:50:08 GMT
On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 03:18:12PM +0800, Indra Pramana wrote:

> Where can I start troubleshooting, which logs I need to go through to find
> out the bottleneck? The management-server.log file doesn't show much
> anything about the delay. It seems that there is some "locking" mechanism
> and certain processes will need other processes to complete before they can
> start. This is worrying since in a production environment, many customers
> might want to try creating VMs at the same time simultaneously.

The logs of use would be managment-server.log which defaults to DEBUG
mode. The logs on the agent (inside KVM host) are default in INFO
mode. You can turn them up to DEBUG by altering the log4j config.
Apart from that you can also look at libvirt logs. Folks have been
tuning the deployment of the VMs on KVM host in another thread on dev@
and in the bug https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-3163

let us know if the symptoms are the same and you can bring this up on
dev@ with more details.

--
Prasanna.,