cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Prasanna Santhanam <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Generating OS Templates
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2013 05:23:51 GMT
Agreed this is something I'd like to see in our test pipeline too and
integrated into our internal clouds. Managing multiple templates can
be messy. Once I finish off some 4.2 related stuff I'll look at
implementing a CloudStack provider for packer in Go. Right now puppet
provisioning is absent as well making it a bit difficult to configure
the templates with a puppetmaster. So perhaps by the time we get to
this, there will be support in packer

--
Prasanna.,

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 09:53:10PM +0000, Brian Galura wrote:
> We have an automated process for deploying code onto existing hosts,
> it would be cool to have it just build an image instead.

Fernandes
> Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2013 2:21 PM
> To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Generating OS Templates
>
> What is this kind of continuous integration? To generate OS templates? ;) Celso Fernandes
>
> www.zertico.com
>
> +55 35 4105-0922
> Av. BPS, 1303 - PCE - PCTI - Sala 10
>

> On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 5:11 PM, Brian Galura <Brian.Galura@citrix.com> wrote:
> > Yes I opened that issue with packer. Would love to see that support and use it with
a continuous integration automation pipeline.

> > On Jul 18, 2013, at 9:11, "Prasanna Santhanam" <tsp@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > Celso,
> >
> > There's an issue on the packer [1] github that you may be interested
> > in if you plan on building support for CS. I've been playing around
> > with packer for the last few weeks and find it quite stable for a
> > version 0.1 tool and since it's by the Vagrant author himself I think
> > it'll get good traction in the future.
> >
> > [1] https://github.com/mitchellh/packer/issues/76
> >
> > --
> > Prasanna.,
> >
> > On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 11:40:02AM -0300, Celso Fernandes wrote:
> >> Christian,
> >> I've been using veewee to generate vagrant boxes in a while, for me
> >> is much better to develop something based on this and automate to
> >> import on Cloudstack instead of develop something from scratch.
> >>
> >> Prasanna,
> >> Thank you for the point.. Packer seems a really cool to do this task,
> >> I'm gonna try to make a plugin for XenServer, once it worked I try
> >> something specific to CloudStack, thank you for point me into this
> >> direction.
> >>
> >> Thank you all for replies,
> >> Celso Fernandes
> >>
> >> www.zertico.com
> >>
> >> +55 35 4105-0922
> >> Av. BPS, 1303 - PCE - PCTI - Sala 10

I got.

those VMs then go to "Storage" tab in the CS UI and select the ROOT disk of the VM for which
you want to create the template.