cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Higginbottom <geoff.higginbot...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: Installing CloudStack on XenServer 6.0.2
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2013 10:16:03 GMT
Correct, CloudStack 4.2 will support 6.2, and we have already tested this, but 4.1 only support
up to 6.1

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Ashutosh Narayan [mailto:aashutoshnarayan@gmail.com]
Sent: 10 July 2013 11:08
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: Installing CloudStack on XenServer 6.0.2

Hi Geoff,

Just read in another thread that CloudStack 4.1 is not XenServer 6.2 ready ?
So I need to go ahead with XenServer 6.1 itself right ?

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 3:24 PM, Geoff Higginbottom < geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com>
wrote:

> Ashutosh,
>
> This is the link for the full installation guide for CloudStack 4.1
> http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.1.0/html/I
> nstallation_Guide/index.html
>
> It also includes an updated section on XenServer
> http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.1.0/html/I
> nstallation_Guide/citrix-xenserver-installation.html
>
> As you are going with 4.1, you can also use XenServer 6.1 even though
> the Guide implies you can only use 6.0.2 (another thing to add to my
> to do list
> - update docs)
>
> You will notice in the 4.1 Release Notes
> http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.1.0/html/R
> elease_Notes/compatibility.htmlthat XenServer 6.1 is supported and having deployed a
number of clouds using this combination I can confirm it is supported.

> Regards
>
> Geoff Higginbottom

> geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com

is a registered trademark.