cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Jerry Jiang" <jerry.ji...@sjcloud.cn>
Subject 答复: network for CS
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2013 09:01:20 GMT
Hi shankerbalan,

It seems that I need to configure the network device somehow to meet the
advanced network case.
It becomes troublesome since network device modification is out of my
control, so I can't add any new vlan

Can I deploy basic network but should it support 3 sub networks?

Jerry

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: Shanker Balan [mailto:shanker.balan@shapeblue.com]
发送时间: 2013年7月30日 星期二 16:17
收件人: <users@cloudstack.apache.org>
主题: Re: network for CS

On 30-Jul-2013, at 8:52 AM, Jerry Jiang <jerry.jiang@sjcloud.cn> wrote:

> Hello all,
>

> In my production environment , there are three different sub-networks
> planned to assign to guest OS.
>
> Subnet1: 10.10.10.1 - 10.10.10.253 gw 10.10.10.254 netmask
> 255.255.255.0
>
> Subnet2: 10.10.11.1 - 10.10.11.253 gw 10.10.11.254 netmask
> 255.255.255.0
>
> Subnet3: 10.10.12.1 - 10.10.12.253 gw 10.10.12.254 netmask
> 255.255.255.0
>

> So how can I configure CS to meet this requirement? Shall I choose
> advanced network?

Hi Jerry,

Have you had a chance to look at
http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.1.0/html-single/
Installation_Guide/index.html#basic-adv-networking yet?

Both Basic and Advanced Networking have their use cases and the link pasted
above should help you make the choice for your requirement. Please do note
that Advanced Networking requires VLANs while Basic Network does not.

Hth.

--
@shankerbalan

M: +91 98860 60539 | O: +91 (80) 67935867 shanker.balan@shapeblue.com | www.
shapeblue.com | Twitter:@shapeblue ShapeBlue Services India LLP, 22nd floor,
Unit 2201A, World Trade Centre, Bangalore - 560 055

intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based
upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender
if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a
company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is
operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered
trademark.