cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "WXR" <474745...@qq.com>
Subject Re:RE: Cloudstack password enabled template
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2013 12:51:10 GMT
I have a similar question about the password resetting.

I download the cloud-set-guest-password for linux and put it on my centos guest vm.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/cloudstack/files/Password%20Management%20Scripts/

# cp cloud-set-guest-password /etc/init.d/
# chmod +x /etc/init.d/cloud-set-guest-password
# chkconfig --add cloud-set-guest-password

But it doen't take effect.
The tool for windows guest vm can work well.

From:  "Geoff Higginbottom"<geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com>;
Date:  Fri, Jun 28, 2013 06:32 PM
To:  "users@cloudstack.apache.org"<users@cloudstack.apache.org>;

Subject:  RE: Cloudstack password enabled template

Asmita,

Are you adding the Password Reset Script to your Templates, if so then each time you create
a new VM it will get a randomly generated password.

I believe you can then also use the getVMPassword API call to query the existing password,
although I have not tested this new 4.1 API command yet.

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com