cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Murali Reddy <Murali.Re...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: How can I allocate a specific IP when I create an instance.
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2013 09:06:03 GMT
On 27/06/13 2:46 AM, "Geoff Higginbottom"
<geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com> wrote:

>@Dave: you are right about advanced networks but the original question
>was in relation to basic networking.
>
>@All: I did some testing over a year ago around changing IPs for guest.
>For a VM on and advanced network you can edit the IP directly in the
>database but restarting the VM is not enough, you have to also restart
>the virtual Router for that network.
>
>The new 4.1 add NIC API call Dave is referring to is great and to me one
>of the best new features of 4.1, but again it's only for advanced
>networking so no good for the original problem.
>
>The multiple IPs to a single NIC has been discussed a lot, but I believe
>it is still in development.

Multiple Ip per nic is going in 4.2 [1]. Also in 4.2, you can reserve a
sub-range of guest CIDR that user can control and assign to the VM's [2]
but again this is only in advanced network.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Multiple+IP+address+
per+NIC
[2]