cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Asmita Vagyani <Asmita.Vagy...@sigma-systems.com>
Subject RE: Cloudstack password enabled template
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2013 11:32:11 GMT
The getVMPassword API doesnot return the password.
If the VM is created using the ssh keypair then we can get password.

Regards,

Asmita.

-----Original Message-----
From: Geoff Higginbottom [mailto:geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com]
Sent: 28 June 2013 PM 04:03
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: RE: Cloudstack password enabled template

Asmita,

Are you adding the Password Reset Script to your Templates, if so then each time you create
a new VM it will get a randomly generated password.

I believe you can then also use the getVMPassword API call to query the existing password,
although I have not tested this new 4.1 API command yet.

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com