cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Nitin Mehta <Nitin.Me...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Restarting template download
Date Mon, 20 May 2013 13:29:44 GMT
Adding to Geoff's response you can stop-start the SSVM as well.

On 20/05/13 6:52 PM, "Geoff Higginbottom"
<geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com> wrote:

>You can either restart the 'cloud' service on the SSVM or the
>'cloud-management' service on the Management Server
>
>Regards
>
>Geoff Higginbottom
>
>D: +44 20 3603 0542 | S: +44 20 3603 0540 | M: +447968161581
>
>geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com

The template downloading is triggered the moment you add the template in
the UI or through registerTemplate API.

Whenever there is a handshake between MS and the agent running on the SSVM
there is a template sync which syncs the template status on the MS DB and
the template's physical
Location and triggers the download if its not complete or retries in case
there was some error. (This handshake happens on ssvm re/start, agent
re/start and MS re/start)