cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Alena Prokharchyk <Alena.Prokharc...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Usage Service Redundancy
Date Mon, 13 May 2013 21:17:17 GMT
Usage process can run on the multiple management servers in cluster, CS
supports it.  Its harmless to see "not an owner of usage job" messages in
cluster MS setup, it just means that some other MS server in cluster is
updating the DB. In other words, when MS1 Usage process is
processing/updating usage records, the usage process on MS2 will skip its
job this time.

Seeing "not an owner of usage job" message in a single management server
setup means a bug as there is an only one owner of the Usage job, and the
usage job should never be skipped.

-Alena.