cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Ahmad Emneina <aemne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Secondary storage VM problems
Date Tue, 21 May 2013 04:22:54 GMT
On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 3:28 PM, Ciprian Pantea <
ciprian.pantea@innovocompany.com> wrote:

> Did anyone else receive this error before?
> Zone 1 is not ready to launch secondary storage VM yet
>
> I can't manage to add secondary storage to get templates and isos
> working and I can't create any virtual machine. Can you please tell me
> what's to do?
>
> whats the error you see when trying to add secondary storage? Can you try
to add one, capture the management-server.log and send that over via
pastebin.com or paste.cloudstack.org?

> Thanks!
> Ciprian

one thing to test manually is to check to see if there is a system vm
template installed on your secondary storage server. should be located in
the </path/to/export/secondary/tmpl/> directory. Try to mount the secondary
storage at the hypervisors (for xenserver) or the management server host
(vmware). Make sure you can list the contents and write to the path. hope
that helps.