cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Ahmad Emneina <aemne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: automating template creation and install
Date Tue, 14 May 2013 19:03:45 GMT
I suggest against any live CD. Experience shows that they dont behave like
their non live counterparts (bootable install iso). The bootloaders and
partition info differ so after installing to disk with a live cd,
templatize it, and tell hypervisor A, hey I'm booting an ubuntu vm... it
will fail miserably. I would do this outside of cloudstack on the desired
hypervisor, using pxe/tftpboot. You'll get a more reliable outcome.