cloudstack-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Kirk Jantzer <kirk.jant...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: system.vm.use.local.storage ???
Date Thu, 30 May 2013 17:27:35 GMT
Just noticed these two lines contradict themselves (the first is the
secondary storage for the first zone, the second is the new one):

2013-05-30 13:10:40,646 DEBUG [storage.download.DownloadListener]
(Timer-3:null) Scheduling timeout at 30000 ms, template=CentOS 5.6(64-bit)
no GUI (XenServer) at host nfs://<master>/export/secondary
...
2013-05-30 13:10:46,385 DEBUG [cloud.server.StatsCollector]
(StatsCollector-1:null) There is no secondary storage VM for secondary
storage host nfs://<master>/export/secondary_zfs



On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 1:21 PM, Kirk Jantzer <kirk.jantzer@gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks! Must be another issue then. There is an existing zone and has
> local storage, but we're testing a Nexenta cluster for shared storage and
> setup a second zone/pod/cluster/host for this. The only issue we seem to be
> having is when the system vms are being created, they don't actually create
> - they get stuck in a starting/destroying loop.
>
> relevant log:
> 2013-05-30 13:10:14,610 DEBUG [agent.transport.Request]
> (DirectAgent-123:null) Seq 12-1413742594: Processing:  { Ans: , MgmtId:
> 144344415547, via: 12, Ver: v1, Flags: 10,
> [{"Answer":{"result":true,"wait":0}}] }
> 2013-05-30 13:10:20,648 DEBUG [agent.transport.Request] (Timer-3:null) Seq
> 10-1352008094: Sending  { Cmd , MgmtId: 144344415547, via: 10, Ver: v1,
> Flags: 100011,
> [{"storage.DownloadProgressCommand":{"jobId":"db1adeaa-b9b3-449e-83c4-a3767b91ca63","request":"GET_STATUS","hvm":false,"description":"CentOS
> 5.6(64-bit) no GUI
> (XenServer)","checksum":"905cec879afd9c9d22ecc8036131a180","maxDownloadSizeInBytes":53687091200,"id":5,"resourceType":"TEMPLATE","url":"
> http://download.cloud.com/templates/builtin/centos56-x86_64.vhd.bz2","format":"VHD","accountId":1,"name":"centos56-x86_64-xen","secUrl":"nfs://<master>/export/secondary","wait":0}}]
> }
> 2013-05-30 13:10:20,692 DEBUG [agent.transport.Request]
> (AgentManager-Handler-3:null) Seq 10-1352008094: Processing:  { Ans: ,
> MgmtId: 144344415547, via: 10, Ver: v1, Flags: 10,
> [{"storage.DownloadAnswer":{"jobId":"db1adeaa-b9b3-449e-83c4-a3767b91ca63","downloadPct":0,"errorString":"
> HTTP Server returned 503 (expected 200 OK)
> ","downloadStatus":"NOT_DOWNLOADED","downloadPath":"/mnt/SecStorage/f5d39c8f-064d-3574-8dd7-cef90db59dc3/template/tmpl/1/5/dnld636531241715972711tmp_","templateSize":0,"templatePhySicalSize":0,"checkSum":"905cec879afd9c9d22ecc8036131a180","result":false,"details":"
> HTTP Server returned 503 (expected 200 OK) ","wait":0}}] }
> 2013-05-30 13:10:26,032 DEBUG [agent.manager.AgentManagerImpl]
> (AgentManager-Handler-11:null) Ping from 9
> 2013-05-30 13:10:30,700 DEBUG [agent.transport.Request] (Timer-3:null) Seq
> 10-1352008095: Sending  { Cmd , MgmtId: 144344415547, via: 10, Ver: v1,
> Flags: 100011,
> [{"storage.DownloadProgressCommand":{"jobId":"db1adeaa-b9b3-449e-83c4-a3767b91ca63","request":"GET_STATUS","hvm":false,"description":"CentOS
> 5.6(64-bit) no GUI
> (XenServer)","checksum":"905cec879afd9c9d22ecc8036131a180","maxDownloadSizeInBytes":53687091200,"id":5,"resourceType":"TEMPLATE","url":"
> http://download.cloud.com/templates/builtin/centos56-x86_64.vhd.bz2","format":"VHD","accountId":1,"name":"centos56-x86_64-xen","secUrl":"nfs://<master>/export/secondary","wait":0}}]
> }
> 2013-05-30 13:10:30,741 DEBUG [agent.transport.Request]
> (AgentManager-Handler-1:null) Seq 10-1352008095: Processing:  { Ans: ,
> MgmtId: 144344415547, via: 10, Ver: v1, Flags: 10,
> [{"storage.DownloadAnswer":{"jobId":"db1adeaa-b9b3-449e-83c4-a3767b91ca63","downloadPct":0,"errorString":"
> HTTP Server returned 503 (expected 200 OK)
> ","downloadStatus":"NOT_DOWNLOADED","downloadPath":"/mnt/SecStorage/f5d39c8f-064d-3574-8dd7-cef90db59dc3/template/tmpl/1/5/dnld636531241715972711tmp_","templateSize":0,"templatePhySicalSize":0,"checkSum":"905cec879afd9c9d22ecc8036131a180","result":false,"details":"
> HTTP Server returned 503 (expected 200 OK) ","wait":0}}] }
> 2013-05-30 13:10:33,632 DEBUG
> [storage.secondary.SecondaryStorageManagerImpl] (secstorage-1:null) Zone 3
> is ready to launch secondary storage VM
> 2013-05-30 13:10:33,733 DEBUG [cloud.consoleproxy.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl]
> (consoleproxy-1:null) Zone 3 is ready to launch console proxy
> 2013-05-30 13:10:34,031 DEBUG
> [network.router.VirtualNetworkApplianceManagerImpl]
> (RouterStatusMonitor-1:null) Found 0 routers.
> 2013-05-30 13:10:40,646 DEBUG [storage.download.DownloadListener]
> (Timer-3:null) Scheduling timeout at 30000 ms, template=CentOS 5.6(64-bit)
> no GUI (XenServer) at host nfs://<master>/export/secondary
> 2013-05-30 13:10:46,327 DEBUG [cloud.server.StatsCollector]
> (StatsCollector-1:null) StorageCollector is running...
> 2013-05-30 13:10:46,383 DEBUG [agent.transport.Request]
> (StatsCollector-1:null) Seq 10-1352008096: Received:  { Ans: , MgmtId:
> 144344415547, via: 10, Ver: v1, Flags: 10, { GetStorageStatsAnswer } }
> 2013-05-30 13:10:46,385 DEBUG [cloud.server.StatsCollector]
> (StatsCollector-1:null) There is no secondary storage VM for secondary
> storage host nfs://<master>/export/secondary_zfs
>
>
>
> On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 1:10 PM, Alena Prokharchyk <
> Alena.Prokharchyk@citrix.com> wrote:
>
>> Looked at the code, it works like this:
>>
>> 1) system.vm.use.local.storage=true
>>
>> Both local and shared storage can be used for system vms deployment
>>
>> 2) system.vm.use.local.storage=false
>>
>> Only shared storages can be used.
>>
>> -Alena.
>>
>> On 5/30/13 9:58 AM, "Kirk Jantzer" <kirk.jantzer@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Correct, Clayton, that is my question.
>> >
>> >
>> >On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 12:53 PM, Clayton Weise <cweise@iswest.net>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> >>
>> >> > When you create a zone, it should allow you to select "use local
>> >> > storage" as an option.
>> >>
>> >> I think the question is how CS will react.  If the global option
>> >> system.vm.use.local.storage is true but local storage is disabled for a
>> >> zone, will CS deploy the system VM on shared storage or will it fail
>> >> because no local storage is available?
>> >>
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >--
>> >Regards,
>> >
>> >Kirk Jantzer
>> >c: (678) 561-5475
>> >http://about.met/kirkjantzer
>> >
>>
>>
>>
>
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Kirk Jantzer
> c: (678) 561-5475
> http://about.met/kirkjantzer
>



-- 
Regards,

Kirk Jantzer
c: (678) 561-5475
http://about.met/kirkjantzer

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message