cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: puppet integartion
Date Wed, 22 May 2013 04:55:10 GMT
On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 7:32 AM, Oliver Leach
<Oliver.Leach@tatacommunications.com> wrote:
> 1.Can you tell me how the cloudstack and puppet communicate with each other.
>
> They don't - Cloudstack is an orchestration tool used to deploy infrastructure and Puppet
is a configuration management tool. The work in tandem nicely together. You could look at
the chef cloudstack-knife plugin https://github.com/CloudStack-extras/knife-cloudstack - not
sure there is something similar for Puppet. Let me know if you find something!

Oliver, et al:

Take a look at some of the work that Dan Bode has done on the puppet
resources for CloudStack:

https://github.com/bodepd/cloudstack_resources

You can then specify instances like:

cloudstack_instance { 'foo2':
  ensure     => present,
  flavor     => 'Small Instance',
  zone       => 'FMT-ACS-001',
  image      => 'CentOS 5.6(64-bit) no GUI (XenServer)',
  network    => 'puppetlabs-network',
  group      => 'foo2',
}

Or even specify multiple instances as a class, or just like in knife -
use the interactive tools to provision nodes.

--David