cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Stanley Kaytovich <Stanl...@qwertyc.com>
Subject RE: Problem creating VMware cluster after building 4.0.2 from source - Found word(s) list error in the Text body
Date Tue, 07 May 2013 19:56:58 GMT
Hi Vijay and David (and everyone else),

We were able to build 4.0.1 successfully and install the debs after switching to 4.0 branch
with the non-oss patch.

Now we are getting the following error when creating a new VMware cluster:
ERROR [cloud.api.ApiDispatcher] (catalina-exec-18:null) Exception while executing AddClusterCmd:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/discovery/tools/DiscoverSingleton

We suspect the file is being referenced does not exist. Searching for DiscoverSingleton.java
did not show results.

We have commons-discovery-0.5.jar in the deps folder when building.

Thank you,

Stan

-----Original Message-----
From: Vijayendra Bhamidipati [mailto:vijayendra.bhamidipati@citrix.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 7, 2013 1:21 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org; aemneina@gmail.com; Kelven Yang
Subject: RE: Problem creating VMware cluster after building 4.0.2 from source - Found word(s)
list error in the Text body

Hi Stanley,

To build nonoss from source, please try the instructions given in this link to build the nonoss
components - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/How+to+build+on+master+branch

You need to just take care to ensure that you extract the vim* jar files (for vmware's vi
sdk) after you download the websdk 510 file, and copy them over to your deps directory.

Typically, for non-oss, this is what you will need to do:

find / | grep -I "systemvm.iso"; rm all the files found (you needn't do this everytime - I
do this whenever I deploy a fresh cloudstack testbed).
cd deps;
wget and rename all jar files as directed; download the vi sdk jar files, and extract the
jars from them; rename as directed; ./install-non-oss.sh

cd ../
mvn clean; mvn install -P systemvm -Dnonoss -DskipTests; mvn install -Dnonoss -DskipTests
If you have a mysql root password set, cp utils/conf/db.properties utils/conf/db.properties.override;
edit db.properties.override to set db.root.password=<your_mysql_root_password>
mvn -e -P developer -pl developer -Ddeploydb; mvn -pl :cloud-client-ui jetty:run -Dnonoss

The -DskipTests should not be used if you have edited any part of the code, for it skips running
mockito tests.

Regards,
Vijay