cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Ahmad Emneina <aemne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cloudstack
Date Tue, 21 May 2013 07:03:07 GMT
I believe bare metal provisioning is slated in the 4.2 release of Cloudstack.

Ahmad

On May 20, 2013, at 11:29 PM, Chitra Manjunath <Chitra_Manjunath@infosys.com> wrote:

> HI
>
> Cloudstack  manages only virtual machines right.. but I have a cloud which contains both
virtual machines and physical environments  like storage, servers etc will I'm able to manage
this kind of cloud using cloudstack. If not suggest me the solution.

> Thanks & Regards
> Chitra.M

of virtual machines, as a highly available, highly scalable Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
cloud computing platform. CloudStack is used by a number of service providers to offer public
cloud services, and by many companies to provide an on-premises (private) cloud offering,
or as part of a hybrid cloud solution
> </snip>
>
> To manage the physical servers itself, you can use configuration management systems like
Puppet, Chef and Ansible with PXE boot.

> Regards.
>

> --
> Shanker Balan
> Managing Consultant
>
> [cid:E7CE8425-E245-4C99-B967-713DF2967392@local]
>
> M: +91 98860 60539
> shanker.balan@shapeblue.com<mailto:shanker.balan@shapeblue.com> | www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com>
| Twitter:@shapeblue
> ShapeBlue India, 22nd floor, Unit 2201A, World Trade Centre, Bangalore - 560 055

is a registered trademark.