cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Chitra Manjunath <Chitra_Manjun...@infosys.com>
Subject RE: puppet integartion
Date Tue, 21 May 2013 09:12:34 GMT
Ya  Thank you..

So I need to install puppet on the cloud stack(where the management server reside) and puppet
master communicates to the physical host through agents which is installed on physical host..
 Is it correct.

-----Original Message-----
From: Oliver Leach [mailto:Oliver.Leach@tatacommunications.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 2:35 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: RE: puppet integartion

It kind of depends as there are a couple of different ways you can do this, but the answer
is yes. You can use Cloudstack to deploy your virtual machines managed by a puppet infrastructure,
then as long as that puppet master is able to communicate with your physical environment,
then you should be able to manage 'other environments using puppet' outside of Cloudstack.
You would need to come up with a classification method for your physical environment, but
that's a puppet consideration rather than a Cloudstack one. Is that what you mean?

Oliver