cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From William Jiang <William.Ji...@manwin.com>
Subject issue about windows server 2008 VM can NOT start
Date Thu, 16 May 2013 19:37:16 GMT
Hi,

I need help for one of our windows server 2008 R2 instance which running on cloudstack 3.0.2+xenserver
6.0.2.

As staring from yesterday, the status for this vm in cloudstack UI displayed as "stopping",
but we knew the VM is still up and running.

Then the vm was down and status changed to "stopped" automatically.

When I tried to start the VM, it failed and getting error as following in management-server
log:

2013-05-16 12:04:12,105 DEBUG [xen.resource.XenServer56FP1Resource] (DirectAgent-383:null)
Created VM 9d21618f-a75b-2a0f-e7bd-cd44e0554e90 for i-4-34-VM
2013-05-16 12:04:12,381 WARN  [xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase] (DirectAgent-383:null) Unable
to start i-4-34-VM due to
2013-05-16 12:04:12,463 DEBUG [xen.resource.CitrixResourceBase] (DirectAgent-383:null) The
VM is in stopped state, detected problem during startup : i-4-34-VM

And in cloudstack UI, I got the error as following:

[cid:image001.png@01CE524B.1A5EAC40]

If you logged in xencenter, you will find the vm system disk "ROOT-34" doesn't bind to any
Virtual Machine.

Any ideas or suggestions will be great appreciated.

Thanks,
William

This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender does not waive any related
rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information
it contains by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized. If you received this e-mail
in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately. Ce courrier ?lectronique
est confidentiel et prot?g?. L'exp?diteur ne renonce pas aux droits et obligations qui s'y
rapportent. Toute diffusion, utilisation ou copie de ce message ou des renseignements qu'il
contient par une personne autre que le (les) destinataire(s) d?sign?(s) est interdite. Si
vous recevez ce courrier ?lectronique par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser imm?diatement, par
retour de courrier ?lectronique ou par un autre moyen.