cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Jerry Jiang" <jerry.ji...@sjcloud.cn>
Subject RE: cloudstack
Date Wed, 22 May 2013 00:50:38 GMT
Cloudstack  is able to manage your virtual part of x86 assets in your
datacenter, as you organize your x86 with any virtualization tech.

You can also develop your own portal which includes x86 virtual part and
non-x86 part, and even physical part. The portal may provides

Unified view of all resources, using cover-all capacity management policy,
and offer comprehensive data reports.

Jerry Jiang

发件人: Shanker Balan [mailto:shanker.balan@shapeblue.com]
发送时间: 2013年5月21日 星期二 19:32
收件人: <users@cloudstack.apache.org>
主题: Re: cloudstack

On 21-May-2013, at 11:59 AM, Chitra Manjunath <Chitra_Manjunath@infosys.com>
wrote:

HI

Cloudstack  manages only virtual machines right.. but I have a cloud which
contains both virtual machines and physical environments  like storage,
servers etc will I'm able to manage this kind of cloud using cloudstack. If
not suggest me the solution.

CloudStack is not meant to manage your physical assets like your Storage,
network devices or the servers.

I suppose what you are looking for is a DCIM solution
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_Center_Infrastructure_Management) which
CloudStack is not.

Try looking up BMC, Tivoli etc to manage your data centre assets.

--
Shanker Balan
Managing Consultant

M: +91 98860 60539

ShapeBlue India, 22nd floor, Unit 2201A, World Trade Centre, Bangalore - 560
055

intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based
upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender
if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a
company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is
operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered
trademark.