cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Nitin Mehta <Nitin.Me...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: CS migrations
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2013 10:44:27 GMT

On 03/04/13 2:30 AM, "Pierre Kossaras" <Pierre.Kossaras@manwin.com> wrote:

>Thank you Kirk,
>
>That is the answer I was looking for.
>
>Now I just need to figure out a new strategy.  The main issue here is
>that we have a cloud environment that was based on
>Basic Networking and we would like to move to Advanced Networking since
>there is no way of doing this other than building a new cloud.
>
>So I figured that I would build another set of CS 4.1 with a pod of 2
>Xenserver hosts with advance networking then
>migrate the VM's over but I'm no longer sure how I can achieve that since
>I can not really duplicate my primary storage environment.

Well you will need to do some work but you can replicate the primary
storage and then create the records in DB (vm_instance, volumes, nics,
networks tables I guess). You can just try doing this for 1 vm and see if
it works.

Or  do the following.
root volumes->create snapshots->create templates and then add them in your
new cloud/zone. For data disks you can download them and re upload them in
the new zone/cloud. You can just try doing this for 1 vm and see if it
works.