cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Carlos Reategui <car...@reategui.com>
Subject Recommended network setup
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2013 01:47:09 GMT
I am re-doing my setup and looking for advice.

This cluster is primarily going to be used by a dev and qa team internally.
 We would like to have ELB capability though.

Storage for primary and secondary are NFS and will be on management server.
 Here is my setup:

Network:
- switch 1 isolated from the rest of the network: 192.168.200.0/24
- switch 2 has route to our office network: 192.168.10.0/24

Management/storage server has:
2 x 10Gbe connected to switch 1
2 x 1Gbe connected to switch 2

Hosts - running XS 6.0.2
4 x 1Gbe on switch 1
4 x 1Gbe on switch 2
I can re-wire these.

My thought was to use Basic network setup and have 2 bonds (of 4 nics each)
on the hosts. One for primary storage and the other bond would be the
management network (and guest and secondary storage traffic).

Security is not really an issue so if there is a setup option that would
keep things simple I am all ears.

Using XS my understanding is I need to change it to bridge networking
instead of ovs.  I'm also assuming I still setup the bonds using xe (they
seem to default to slb).  Is it possible to use LACP?  XS 6.0.2 does not
support LACP but since I will using bridge networking I'm wondering if it
might.  Should the bonds have specific names or be labeled something
specific?

Would I be better off having a separate management network from the guest
network?  I.e. separating out that bond into 2 bonds?  I'm assuming that
would require setting up a vlan.  Would I need to use advanced network too?
 I am a bit of a newbie when it comes to networks.

Thanks,
Carlos