cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From ronald higgins <ronald.higg...@gmail.com>
Subject Advice::Cloudstack Configuration for Seperate Storage interface
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2013 07:53:46 GMT
Heya friendlies.

I need some help wrapping my head around how to configure the storage
network on my deployment. It's the first time I'm trying to split the
traffic types. Previous was a flat network topology.

Below is the physical host configuration:

(RHEL6.4/KVM/CS4)

cloud-manager#>
eth0: 172.18.49.10 (management network) #tagged
eth1: 192.168.251.10 (storage network) #untagged

cloud-host1#>
eth0: 172.18.49.11 (management network) #tagged
eth1: 192.168.251.11 (storage network) #untagged

Both my primary and secondary NFS storage are sitting in the 192.168.251.0
network

pri-storage#> 192.168.251.1
sec-storage#> 192.168.251.2

In the Zone configuration wizard I left the defaults in the Advanced
Networking options.
My logic being that once it get's down to the actual routing the o.s kernel
would handle routing the storage through the correct interface (eth1). This
ended up working for the Primary Storage, but for the Secondary Storage not
so much. The SSVM looks to be trying to route traffic via the 172.18.49.1
gateway.

Is there any special configuration that I need to apply to the networking
on O.S Side to get this working correctly? I read some posts about having
to bridge the networks? Or  am I going to have to configure a Storage
Network, VLAN, & Range in the Advanced Wizard? Or both :)

Appreciate any advice :)

Ro