cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Higginbottom <geoff.higginbot...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: reopened - "CS failed after changing vcenter password"
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2013 16:46:43 GMT
Hi Fabrice,

To change the Passwords for ESXi try this procedure.

To change host passwords the password must be changed on both the host and in the CloudStack
database.

ESXi
1.      Connect to the vCenter server using the vSphere client.
2.      Navigate to Home > Management > Host Profiles
3.      Right-click on the host profile and select Edit Profile
4.      Expand 'Security Configuration' and select 'Administrator password'
5.      Select 'configure a fixed administrator password' and enter and confirm the new password
and click OK.
6.      Click on the 'Hosts and Clusters' tab
7.      Right click on each of the clusters and select 'check compliance' in turn.
8.      Hold down the CTRL key and select all of the clusters and select Apply Profile.
9.      Review the tasks which are displayed on screen and confirm (by clicking Finish).

CloudStack
The password for a XenServer Node, KVM Node, or vSphere Node may be changed in the database.
Note that all Nodes in a Cluster must have the same password. To change a Node's password:

1.      Identify all hosts in the cluster.
2.      Change the password on all hosts in the cluster. Now the password for the host and
the password known to CloudStack will not match. Operations on the cluster will fail until
the two passwords match.
3.      Get the list of host IDs for the host in the cluster where you are changing the password.
You will need to access the database to determine these host IDs. For each hostname "h" (or
vSphere cluster) that you are changing the password for, execute:
 mysql> select id from cloud.host where name like '%h%';
This should return a single ID. Record the set of such IDs for these hosts.
4.      Update the passwords for the host in the database. In this example, we change the
passwords for hosts with IDs 5, 10, and 12 to "password".
mysql> update cloud.host set password='password' where id=5 or id=10 or id=12;

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com