cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Shashi Dahal <s.da...@leaseweb.com>
Subject few questions: migration between pods, number of hypervisors
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2013 09:46:47 GMT
Hi All,

I have a few questions, for which I do not have a clear answers.

1.       Is there any possibility to migrate VM's between pods ?  in 2.2.14 as well as 4.0.1
versions. ?

2.       What is the maximum number of hypervisors(KVM) that can be in a single pod. The admin
guide says 16, but what is it based on ?  For example, if we have say 10 hypervisors with
100 VMs each .. vs  20 hypervisors with just 1 VM each ..  How does the number of hypervisor
, or how does the number of VMs affect the performance of management server . ?

3.       Does adding more management server help increase the number of hypervisors that can
be in the same pod ?

As a follow-up

4.       What is the maximum number of hypervisors that you are running per pod, and under
what offering ( basic, advanced, advanced with security groups etc ) . This is to get an understanding
related to questions above.

Trying to get some clarity on this.

Cheers,
Shashi