cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Jessica Wang <Jessica.W...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Deployment of VMs running cluster services
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2013 20:15:52 GMT
This feature(affinity/anti-affinity group) is in master branch already.

After login to cloudstack UI, there is a new icon "Affinity Groups" in left menu.
You can create anti-affinity group or affinity group there.

Then, click "Instances" menu => click "Add Instance" => there is a new step (step 5:
Affinity) where you can choose Affinity/anti-affinity group for the VM you are going to deploy.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chip Childers [mailto:chip.childers@sungard.com]
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2013 12:15 PM
To: <users@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Deployment of VMs running cluster services

On Apr 29, 2013, at 3:12 PM, David Ortiz <dportiz@outlook.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>     Does cloudstack have a way to specify that two or more VMs should not be launched
on the same host?  The only thing I could find to try and do it is to use tags to make them
launch on different hosts, but I was curious if there is a way to say I do not care which
hosts they deploy on as long as they are not on the same one.
> Thanks,      David Ortiz

Not yet, but its coming. It's a feature called "anti-affinity"