cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Kirk Kosinski <kirkkosin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: KVM | CentOS | Windows
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2013 23:14:09 GMT
Hi, Maurice.

1. Server 2012 is not supported in CS 4.0.1 so there is no guarantee it
will work. If the installer is not seeing any drives, it probably means
the drives are using the VirtIO SCSI controller, so try loading the
drivers for the VirtIO SCSI adapter [1], or try using a different OS
Type that provides an IDE drive to the VM.  You can switch the OS Type
after the install is done if you need the root disk on VirtIO.

As I test, I uploaded a Server 2012 ISO configured with the Windows
Server 2008 R2 (64-bit) OS Type to my CS 4.0.1 setup with KVM hosts
(Ubuntu 12.04.2).  The OS installed and booted without a problem, and
data disks are detected after installing VirtIO drivers [2].  I then
changed the OS Type to Windows PV successfully [3].

2. While logged in as a user in the account that owns the VM, create a
new virtual disk and see if you can attach it to the VM.  It works fine
in my CS 4.0.1 setup with a test VM with the Windows Server 2008 R2
(64-bit) OS Type.  Data disks are detected by the OS without a problem
[4].  Other than an account mismatch I can't think of anything else that
would cause this.

Best regards,
Kirk

[1] http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/virtio-win/latest/images/bin/