cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Len Bellemore <Len.Bellem...@ControlCircle.com>
Subject RE: Domain and Account organisation
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2013 09:59:06 GMT
OK.

I was also thinking about the Accounts structure under my domain.

>From what I understand, I can have a normal "user" account and a "Domain-Admin" account.
Each account can of course have users under it.

Should I be creating two accounts per customer?  One with Users (including the customer users)
and one with Domain-Admins (with my company's engineers and maybe the Admin from among the
customer's userbase?)

Cheers
Len

-----Original Message-----
From: Kristoffer Sheather @ CloudCentral [mailto:kristoffer.sheather@cloudcentral.com.au]

Sent: 15 April 2013 10:21
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: re: Domain and Account organisation

Domains are simply a way to structure groups of accounts and other domains.
 How you map this to your business & customer requirements is completely up to you.

For ultimate flexibility, I recommend creating a domain for each customer account, then create
an account within that domain.  That provides you the flexibility of being able to create
a sub-domain under the domain if you ever need to.

Regards,

Kristoffer Sheather
Cloud Central
Scale Your Data Center In The Cloud
Phone: 1300 144 007 | Mobile: +61 414 573 130 | Email:
kris@cloudcentral.com.au
LinkedIn:   | Skype: kristoffer.sheather | Twitter:
http://twitter.com/kristofferjon