cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Evan McGee <e...@ringplus.net>
Subject Re: Unable to find provider VpcVirtualRouter in physical network
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2013 06:40:16 GMT
Hi Alena,

Thanks for the tips - very useful. It appears as though the VpcVirtualRouter was inserted
correctly during the upgrade (which we followed, using the repos for kvm upgrade, from http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.0.1-incubating/html/Release_Notes/upgrade-instructions.html#upgrade-from-3.0.2-to-4.0.1).

Executing addNetworkServiceProvider returns: "com.cloud.utils.exception.CloudRuntimeException:
The 'VpcVirtualRouter' provider already exists on physical network : 1"

The return:

<listnetworkserviceprovidersresponse cloud-stack-version='4.0.1.20130201075054'>
  <networkserviceprovider>
    <name>VpcVirtualRouter</name>
    <physicalnetworkid>d476a2f1-bd3d-4abe-9d8e-2ca0eebdf1e2</physicalnetworkid>
    <destinationphysicalnetworkid>0</destinationphysicalnetworkid>
    <state>Disabled</state>
    <id>4b13f9ba-2431-4a9e-e4fd-b8346bedf83b</id>
  </networkserviceprovider>
<SNIP>
</listnetworkserviceprovidersresponse>

So that's good - it appears the upgrade did add it to the physical network. However running
the next command fails with a very non-descriptive error:

Executing: createVirtualRouterElement&nspid= 4b13f9ba-2431-4a9e-e4fd-b8346bedf83b&apikey=
.... 530 Failed to add Virtual Router entity to physical network"
catalina.out:  WARN  [cloud.api.ApiDispatcher] (catalina-exec-8:) class com.cloud.api.ServerApiException
: Failed to add Virtual Router entity to physical network

Obviously, running the next step to enable throws an error saying "com.cloud.utils.exception.CloudRuntimeException:
Provider is not ready, cannot Enable the provider, please configure the provider first."

Any idea of why it would fail to add the virtual router to the physical network?

-Evan