cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Teipel, Bjoern" <bjoern.tei...@internetbrands.com>
Subject Re: diskless boot
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2013 15:24:17 GMT
Hi Donal,

I didn't try thin provisioning on a local LVM disk but I would expect that is takes only few
MB. Does CS support thin on local storage (LVM)?

I can see where you question is going but a data disk,even empty would create a dependency
to the hypervisor.
The idea for using disk less boot is not to create any dependency on storage and only rely
on memory/CPU. If the hypervisor goes down I just start the VM in a new one.
A data disk would be here blocking and you have to remove the data disk from the VM before
you can do any action on the VM. Doubt that would work in CS.

Bjoern

On Mar 18, 2013, at 4:00 AM, "Donal Lafferty" <donal.lafferty@citrix.com> wrote:

> Let me rephrase that,
>
> Hi Bjoern,
>
> On the KVM deployment you are using, I take it that the 1 gig disk is a data disk.  It
the problem that its unwieldy to manage or that 1 gig takes up too much room?