cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Keller <marcel.kel...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: How do you work around the 4096 VLANs limitation?
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2013 15:34:04 GMT
I apologize for that, that was my mistake. Lets say in future releases...

-----Original Message-----
From: Chip Childers [mailto:chip.childers@sungard.com]
Sent: Donnerstag, 28. März 2013 16:19
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Cc: pythonee@gmail.com
Subject: Re: How do you work around the 4096 VLANs limitation?

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 02:48:16PM +0000, Marcel Keller wrote:
> At the moment, the only way is to add additional availability zones, however there are
some plans to support VXLAN with Felton Release!

Marcel,

Apache CloudStack has no such "release" called Felton.  Please don't discuss a commercial
product that happens to be based on CloudStack as if it is CloudStack.

As for VXLAN support, it has only been discussed within the context of adding ASA 1000v support
(and within that discussion it was moved to "open items" in the spec).

If folks think this is a good addition, please weigh in here or on the dev list.