cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Asmita Vagyani <Asmita.Vagy...@sigma-systems.com>
Subject Create a VM image
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2013 10:26:38 GMT
Hi all,

I have a requirement, to create multiple copies of a VM - OS + disk data.

I can create a VM from a template which is extracted frm a VM.
>From API list I can find that I can attach a disk volume with a VM.
I can create a snapshot of the disk volume.
To create a volume you need to provide a snapshot.

But, how can I create a volume if no snapshot is there?

There should be an API to create snapshot from the disk-offering Id and VM Id.

Thanks and Regards.

Asmita Patil Vagyani.

Tech Lead,  Sigma Software Solutions, Pune,

T: +91-20-25661992 / 93 / 94. Extn. : 286