cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Mathias Mullins <mathias.mull...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: What's everyone using for primary storage?
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2013 15:32:55 GMT
Hey Kirk,

Majority of our customers are using shared storage. It's actually a very low percentage that
are using Local storage because it basically negates all high Availability and eliminates
a lot of the useful features in CloudStack.

Local storage is usually what I refer to as "Use it and Forget it" because if you lose the
system you can forget getting the VM back. part of the risk, but the cheaper cost is the obvious
reward. most of the local storage environments I have seen are small cluster, small workload
environments that can afford to back those environments up regularly.

The large scale 1,000's of VMs you are about 97% likely IMO going to see shared storage.

Thank you,
Matt

On Mar 14, 2013, at 11:28 AM, "Kirk Jantzer" <kirk.jantzer@gmail.com<mailto:kirk.jantzer@gmail.com>>